8 September 2023
Looking after your quartz worktop
Top tips to keep your quartz worktop looking its best.
Your quartz worktop is one of the most maintenance-free worktops on the market but it still makes sense to look after your investment by employing some regular cleaning. Quartz is a hard wearing stone but it can stain, if cleaned the right way this shouldn’t be a problem.
Washing up liquid and warm water is a great daily cleaner. Rinse surface with clean water, then dry and buff with a soft microfibre cloth.
- DO clean all spills immediately.
- DO use silicone pan mats/trivet bars.
- DO use chopping boards.
- DO wipe surfaces regularly with a soft microfibre cloth.
- DO use coasters & mats.
- DO wipe dust & crumbs regularly.
- DON’T put hot pans or trays directly onto the worktop. Quartz can withstand mild heat, but very hot pans can damage the stone.
- DON’T use cleaning products that contain harsh chemicals such as bleach or chlorine. These can stain and discolour quartz worktops.
- DON’T let oil spill onto the surface, it can dull a polished finished worktop.
- DON’T put any acidic cleaners onto your surface such as lemon, vinegar, orange etc.
- DON’T sit or stand on your worktop.
- DON’T cut or chop directly onto your worktop.
- DON’T store liquids on top of your worktop.
If there is anything you are ever unsure about, please don’t hesitate to call us and we will be more than happy to help.